Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Sunday Dinner 2.5.12

A SuperBowl Sunday dinner. (Yay Giants!!!)

This week I made polenta with tomato sauce and mozzarella.  It is really good, kind of like an eggplant parmesan type thing, but with polenta and you don't have to bake it (but you can if you want, I sometimes do.)

 You can make your own polenta if you'd like, but I bought mine pre made.

This is the best brand of tomato sauce ever!  I used the arrabbiata because it is a bit spicy and adds a little more flavor.

 Cut the polenta into slices about a quarter inch thick.
 Put them in a pan with a bit of nonstick spray on medium heat.  You may want to brown the pieces a little bit on each side, but I didn't.
 Put a thin layer of sauce
 Then a slice of mozzarella 
 Then a little more sauce
 Then just cover and cook for a few minutes until the cheese it melted and its nice and warm.


Top with parmesan cheese and a little bit of pepper, and you're done!

As a side, I just sliced some cucumber and sprinkled on a bit of salt and pepper.

If you wanted to bake this, you do it the way you would a lasagna.  Layer everything in a baking dish and throw it in the oven.  I just making it in a pan a little faster and easier to make a small amount.  I also sometimes end up with slightly soggy polenta if I use the oven method.

There you have it folks, another fast, easy recipe, but definitely delicious!

Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment