Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Oldies Playlist

I love old music.  I find it much more soulful than the majority of today's music.  Maybe soulful isn't the right word in every case, but I just prefer it.  I have this little fantasy that I live in the 40's and go to swing and jazz clubs, or that it's the 50's and I fox trot in a poodle skirt, or that I am a flapper at a party in the 20's, or I am a hippie at Woodstock.  Call me crazy if you must, but I just seriously wish I lived in another era.  Okay, so I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all (name that movie!) because I definitely look back on the nineties very fondly, and I am attached to many of my present day technological luxuries, but there is just a certain appeal about life back then, especially the music.  

Well, that was much longer than I was planning, so without further ado, here is a playlist of "oldies but goodies" from all different generations.  Feel free to sing a long and dance around.  Don't worry, no judgment.


1. Runaround Sue - Dion
2. Rich Girl - Hall & Oates
3. Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
4. Baby Love - The Supremes
5. The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
6. Sh-boom Sh-boom - The Crewcuts
7. Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
8. Crocodile Rock - Elton John
9. In the Mood - Glen Miller
10. Twist and Shout - The Beatles


By the way, I was out of town this weekend, so I didn't get to make my Sunday dinner, but I will be making one next week, so keep an eye out!

Gaby

PS Anyone else always think of Ferris Bueller when they hear Twist and Shout?

No comments:

Post a Comment