Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lush Life - Rub Rub Rub


Rub Rub Rub is a multi use shower scrub that cleanses and exfoliates and can even be used as a shampoo.  It has the "tropical scent of mimosa blossoms" with lemon juice and sweet orange oil.  Side note, I didn't know there was a plant called mimosa... Champagne and OJ flower?  Anyway, I find this scent to be super light, which may be something you prefer.  What I am able to smell is citrus-y and almost a little bit menthol-y.  If you know Lush scents, this is supposed to smell like Sakura bath bomb.


I bought this for exfoliating purposes rather than cleansing purposes.  It is a gentle exfoliator, but I don't know if I would recommend using it as an every day cleanser.  I like to use this a few times a week followed up with the Almond and Coconut Smoothie.  I don't like that one much on its own as a cleanser, but  paired together they work really well.  My skin feels so smooth afterwards.  Even without using the Shower Smoothie my skin feels so much softer after using Rub Rub Rub.  It looks brighter, too.  It is definitely not as exfoliating as something like Ocean Salt or Buffy (my number one favorite Lush product!) but it is nice to use every two or three days to strip away some dead skin and leave a fresh new layer.

This used to be sold in a bottle like the other shower gels, but recently they changed it to the tub packaging because apparently it was too thick and the salt would clog up the cap.  I like the tub but I know the new packaging bothers some people.

Because this has sea salt and citrus it can be drying so you will want to moisturize afterwards.  This is a good alternative to Ocean Salt because they have very similar qualities and ingredients, but Rub Rub Rub is less abrasive and also about half the price!  Overall, I definitely recommend this product and will certainly repurchase.

Have you tried Rub Rub Rub yet?

Images of Rub Rub Rub via google images

No comments:

Post a Comment