Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Love and Toast

I bought some perfume today.  From the grocery store.  Yes, you read that right.  I was walking through the beauty aisle and I spotted it.  My grocery store has a pretty good natural beauty selection (kind of like the Whole Foods Whole Body line.)  I saw a colorful display of perfumes and hand creams.  Being a bit of a scent fanatic, I obviously had to stop and smell some.

The brand is called Love and Toast by Margot Elena, the same woman behind Lollia and TokyoMilk.

There were a bunch of products, including large and small perfumes, hand cream, lip balm, and roller ball perfume.  Like I said, I was immediately drawn to the packaging.  It is colorful and happy, and each scent has a little sketch that goes onto it's packaging.



I got the honey coconut and paper flower scents.  I almost got gin blossom, but I decided against it at the last second (though I may pick it up next time.)  I got the small bottle, .33 oz, because it is a good way to test out a scent.  They were 9 dollars each, while the full sized 3.3 oz bottles were 28 I believe, so they are fairly affordable.

These perfumes are so delicious smelling.  They are perfectly light and easy.  I find them to be more summery daytime scents, which is a nice change after a winter of heavier scents.  The honey coconut has a gentle, warm sweetness.  It's a bit vanilla-y.  It reminds me of lying on a beach.  The paper flower is a sweet, soft floral, not too overpowering or harsh, and not musky.  (For the record, I tend to go for muskier scents, especially in the winter, and I dislike super sweet scents, so I find these a touch sweet, but you may not find them sweet at all.)

The scent is pretty concentrated but like I said, not too strong or overpowering.  They last fairly long on the skin, and I didn't notice too much of a change when the scent settled.

I am very pleased with these happy little perfumes! I want to test out a few more scents, but I see a full size in my future.  Have you tried a Margot Elena product?

Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment